Sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial of G Suite Business and get Free Admin support from Google Certified Deployment Specialists.
The days of writing and creating slide presentations on your computer are quickly falling by the wayside thanks to the mobile functionality in Google Presentation. Within the app, you can create, edit, and comment on Google Slides in addition to Microsoft PowerPoint files. You can even take your presentations and work on them offline all at the touch of your fingertips. Installing and using the Google Slides app is very user-friendly, too. Look for it in the App Store if you use an iPhone or an iPad or in the Google Play Store if you use an Android device.
For the iPad/iPhone install, go to the App Store on your device, find Google Slides, and install it. To help you get started, here are a few tips.
- Open a presentation by touching the name of the file you want to view.
- The Menu option lets you share, send, print, save, and copy your presentation.
- You can make the presentation available to you offline under the Menu as well.
- Move between multiple Google Presentation apps like Slides, Docs, and Sheets using Recent Apps.
For Android users, go to the Google Play Store, find Google Slides, and install the app. Here are a few tips to help you on your presentations.
- Open the Slides App and pick the presentation you want to view or edit.
- Editing, copying, formatting, and changing font styles can be done with a double tap on your chosen word or phrase.
- Make your presentation available offline with a touch to the file name for 1-2 seconds to see the offline icon appear. Touch it again to bring it back online.
- Share, send, and print from within the main menu, too.
Bonus points for the app because you do not have to save anything as the app automatically saves your work, even offline! As soon as there is an internet connection, all of your work will be automatically synced from your Apple or Android device. If for some reason you do not have a WiFi connection, you can still present your Google Presentation via ChromeCast.
The Google Slides app makes life easier for everyone while boosting productivity, since there's no reason to not get the work done—even without a wireless connection. You can do everything you need to from your device that you could do from your computer with just a touch and a tap. Google Presentation and its mobile functionality make it a winning choice for your slide presentation needs.