Sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial of G Suite Business and get Free Admin support from Google Certified Deployment Specialists. No Credit Card Required.
Some industries look back on their history by marking the game changing moments that alter the way business is done, that change the way people think, and that affect the way the best companies go about their daily tasks in an effort to formulate their plans and goals for the future. Such a moment has just occurred as Google, on Thursday, September 29th, 2016, announced Google Cloud, the plethora of distinctively unique products, technological innovations, and vitally useful services that empower customers to go fully functional in a digital world while maintaining optimal performance.
*image via vancitybuzz.com
What Apps and Systems are Revitalized by the Transition to Google Cloud?
Google’s user-facing collaboration and office productivity apps will now be the G Suite Apps.
Google’s machine-learning tools and application programming interfaces (APIs, the sets of requirements that direct how one app talks to another)
Google’s enterprise Google Maps APIs
The Android phones, ChromeBooks, and tablets that have or will access The Google Cloud.
While Google has orchestrated this important transition, it has done so with the consumer and user in mind. The move to Google Cloud has been exercised with enterprising professionals’ needs at the forefront. The integrated systems will ensure service levels, that the components are integrated and that they will meet the users’ service and cost goals and levels. Google considered that the user demographics for cloud-based services range from the self-employed rural entrepreneur to the college-aged startups to the multi-national corporation’s IT department.
Tenets Employed by Google as the Ideological Inspiration, Justification, and Motivation for the Transition to Google Cloud.
- The new Google Cloud products are more than mere applications. One of Google’s objectives was to positively impact how Google’s product line works with companies from all industries and sizes in an engineering-centric way.
- The transition to Google Cloud will not be one without support – practical, informational, and technical. Google understands that the transformation is a technical process. It has employed customer engineers, site reliability engineers, customer reliability engineers, and product engineers to support their customers as they move, integrate, and change with Google Cloud.
- Google understands that they are in this migration together with the companies it serves. It also understands that no one will be more affected by the change than Google’s own IT department and staff engineers, technicians, and programmers. A company the size of Google has to operate within a system that also works for their own business goals and ability to function as a company operating on different continents. The consumer is getting the same system that keeps one of the most vital global companies thriving into the heart of the new millennium.
What Google Understood About Its Customers and How That Inspired the Transformation to Google Cloud
- Consumers will eventually move to cloud-based information storage / security and collaboration. The cloud partner each company chooses will be one of the most important decisions made by the managers of each company, large or small. It is a serious long-term investment that could change the future of your company.
- Having a cloud partner is about more than just the obvious cost savings, return on investment (ROI), and security concerns. It is about building a long-term mutually beneficial relationship that simply works.
- Google understands that the next five years will be vital for businesses of every shape, size, and mission. They will be transformed by digital communications, machine learning, analytics, and smart data.
- Business technology will be the one thing that will differentiate business in the future.
Google Cloud will be used by companies ranging from Airbus to Niantic Labs (creators of Pokemon Go) to Snap Inc (formerly SnapChat). They have a reputation that instills confidence in many of the world’s fastest growing companies. Google has introduced a sizeable set of new cloud technologies, services, and machine intelligence capabilities that will allow these companies – and yours – to stay on the cutting edge and at the forefront in your field.
The move to Google Cloud was not the only significant announcement made by Google. Google Apps for Work has transformed into the new G Suite. It will be comprised of a dynamic set of intelligent applications that includes Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, and many more. They are all designed, as is the entirety of the new mission, to bring people together for real-time collaboration that is built into the product from the beginning.
Google Cloud and the G Suite will be another axis on which the computing and information systems industries turn. Google’s rebranding is not just simply a name change. It is a change in the way business is done. If you need help transitioning, we still suggest a third-party advisor to assist you with the move. May your goals and business be in the cloud.