Sign up for a Free 30 Day Trial of G Suite Business and get Free Admin support from Google Certified Deployment Specialists.
Welcome to Migrations with Marvin! We love empowering our customers to become their very own Apps Admins. So today, we are going to show how you can simply migrate your personal Gmail email to your G suite business email using DMS (Data Migration Service), located in the Google Admin console.
Are you ready to become an expert in Data Migration?
Great, now let's get started!
Before you can Migrate to G suite using DMS, there are few key items you must tackle.
Make sure your users follow the prompts below:
- In their old Gmail account, sign in to Gmail.
- In the top corner, click Settings Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Under Folder size limits, select Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default).
- Click Save changes.
- Click Labels.
- Make sure that any label that needs to be migrated has the Show in IMAP box checked.
Once you've completed the above settings through your Gmail. You are your team users and Admins can now migrate your emails by following the instructions below.
- Log in to the Admin console by going to admin.google.com.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Data migration. If you are not seeing the Data Migration option, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Select the Email option and click Continue.
- From the Migration source list, select Gmail.
- Click Connect.
- Do one of the following actions:
- Accept the default options.
- Chose whether to migrate deleted and junk email and whether to exclude specified folders from the migration.
Note: You have 10 minutes to copy and paste the code before it expires.
Reminder: You will need to Click Refresh to see the updated status of the migration.
Last but not least... Congratulations!
If you need help optimizing your G Suite or you want us to do the work for you, reach out to Apps Admins today and get growing.